Transportation – HSTP
The Human Service Transportation Plan (HSTP) has been a part of the NCICG family since July of 2007. Transit systems and human service agencies wishing to receive funding from Section 5310 and Section 5311 federal funding sources are required to be included in a local HSTP. This is a requirement of the transportation bill, Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21).
Illinois consists of 11 HSTP Regions, of which NCICG is responsible for the coordination of Regions 1 and 3. To assist in coordination in these regions, the HSTP Coordinator is well-equipped to assist any organization involved in HSTP in several ways. Some examples include, but are not limited to: developing surveys, analyzing route data, transportation coordination between multiple agencies, marketing, public outreach, and enhancing a transit vehicle maintenance programs as well as some assistance on grant writing (note: the HSTP Coordinator will not write or be contracted to write grants). Since the inception of the program, NCICG has been successful in assisting organization to receive well over $500,000.00 in JARC and New Freedom grant money. In addition to JARC and New Freedom numerous organizations have received grants for vehicles as a result of the HSTP process.
Meeting Information for Calendar Year 2016
Region 1 (Boone, Carroll, Jo Daviess, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties)
- January 28th – Freeport Public Library, Freeport at 10am.
- March 24th – Freeport Public Library, Freeport at 10am.
- May 26th – Freeport Public Library, Freeport at 10am.
- July 28th – Freeport Public Library, Freeport at 10am.
- September 22nd – Freeport Public Library, Freeport at 10am.
- November 17th – Freeport Public Library, Freeport at 10am.
Region 3 (Bureau, DeKalb, Grundy, Kendall, La Salle, Lee, Ogle, and Putnam Counties)
- January 22nd – Mendota Civic Center, Mendota at 10am.
- March 18th – Mendota Civic Center, Mendota at 10am.
- May 27th – Mendota Civic Center, Mendota at 10am.
- July 22nd – Mendota Civic Center, Mendota at 10am
- September 23rd – Mendota Civic Center, Mendota at 10am.
- November 18th – Mendota Civic Center, Mendota at 10am.
HSTP Plan Update
In 2007, the first HSTP Plans were developed for Regions 1 and 3. These plans set the initial groundwork for the HSTP Program. These plans focused on strategies to develop and guide the HSTP process. They outlined some of the activities that transit systems wished to pursue. These plans contain many of the same elements as the first plans. In addition to the prior plans, these contain some strategies that transit systems are enacting to create better customer service and increase ridership. Gaps and needs are identified as well as possible solutions to these issues. These plans present a road-map of possible solutions to the many problems that people face with regard to personal mobility.
In October of 2014, HSTP Plans for Regions 1 and 3 were formally adopted. Applicable census data was updated to reflect the most current statistics. These versions of the plan rely heavily on mapping and studies that have been completed for the regions. All sections have been updated. Thanks to all of you who have provided insight, corrections, feedback, and data. This plan is made stronger and more effective as a result of your assistance!
Regional Advisory Committee
The Region 3 Advisory Committee is continuing into its second year. Last year was an incredibly success. One of the greatest achievements of 2014 included the development and roll out of the Disability Sensitivity Training program. Participants in this training have had incredibly positive remarks! As a result of its early successes, the Rural Transit Assistance Center has asked that this program be included in the spring conference. The first advisory meeting for 2015 will be held sometime in February. Please check your emails if you plan on participating!
What’s on Your Mind…
At HSTP monthly meetings we often have a “topic of interest” on each of the agendas. Examples may include, but are not limited to: what is being done to streamline medical transportation and what are some of the concerns of the human service organizations utilizing public transportation? We want to hear your concerns, but more importantly we want to know what can be done to solve these issues. Please submit any topic ideas to email@example.com.
For further information contact Shug Grosenbach, HSTP Coordinator at 815-433-5830.
- Region 1 HSTP Plan (4963KB | .pdf)
- Region 1 HSTP Plan Appendix B 2014 (9725KB | .pdf)
- Region 1 HSTP Plan Appendix C 2014 (684KB | .pdf)
- Region 1 HSTP Plan Appendix D 2014 (996KB | .pdf)
- Region 3 HSTP Plan (6581KB | .pdf)
- Region 3 HSTP Plan Appendix B 2014 (12693KB | .pdf)
- Region 3 HSTP Plan Appendix C 2014 (803KB | .pdf)
- Region 3 HSTP Plan Appendix D 2014 (1222KB | .pdf)
- CTAA – Pathways to Success (11327KB | .pdf)