Park and Recreation Plans
Parks and recreational sites provide many community benefits including benefits to the health, economy, environment, and overall quality of life of your community. To capitalize on these benefits, a community may choose to prepare a comprehensive strategy for their park and recreations system. Parks and recreational plans examine many factors including, but not limited to:
- Park site analysis
- Accessibility and safety analysis
- Park and recreational design standards
- Community demographics and influences
- Park Development goals
- Funding and implementation guidelines
With the help of North Central Illinois Council of Governments, your community can plan for development/redevelopment, the acquisition of new park land, and/or the preservation of local natural resources. Some of the park and recreational planning opportunities provided by NCICG include:
- Greenways and Trails Planning:These plans focus on the development of linear parks/transit networks that connect open-spaces together by providing unimpeded travel and recreational opportunities.
- Park Development/Redevelopment Planning:These plans can be either community-wide master plans or site specific plans, focusing on amenities at those locations.
- Park Acquisition Planning:Staff will assess current recreational opportunities and exploration of community needs, with a focus on specific sites for future acquisition and development.