In addition to offering grant writing and administration services, North Central Illinois Council of Governments (NCICG) offers traditional planning services to counties, townships, and communities. These services include preparing or updating comprehensive (land use) plans, zoning ordinances/regulations, and subdivision ordinances/regulations.
Current Planning-Related Projects
At any given time, NCICG is involved in multiple planning projects. Listed below is a list of ongoing and completed projects that NCICG has been contracted to complete.
- The City of Oglesby in LaSalle County has completed the process of updating their Comprehensive Plan.
- The Village of Hennepin in Putnam County is currently updating their zoning ordinance.
- NCICG administers the Bureau/Putnam Area Enterprise Zone that targets growing businesses with financial assistance and other state and local incentives.
- NCICG recently completed a multi-jurisdictional Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan for the Bureau County.
- NCICG recently completed a multi-jurisdictional Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan for the LaSalle County.