Your COVID-19 Response Team
Meet the new COVID-19 response team at North Central Illinois Council of Governments (NCICG)! They are funded by an Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to support the six-county Economic Development District (EDD) with COVID-19 recovery. This includes helping communities secure state funding and providing grant support to local businesses.
Please contact NCICG if your community or business needs help with anything COVID-19 related.
**Funding for Municipalities
- Funding allocated to all LGUs, counties, and health departments
- Funds can be used to reimburse for COVID-19 related costs
- Personal protective equipment, payroll for public health and safety workers, administrative leave, technology improvements, updated water meters, etc.
- Find more eligible reimbursement expenses here
- Find your entity’s allocation here
**Funding for Small Businesses
- Downstate Small Business Stabilization Program – closes February 26th
- Local government units (LGUs) must apply on behalf of businesses
- Up to $25,000 for operating expenses
- Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Forgiveness
- Loan forgiveness available for $50,000 or less
- Application form here
**Grants for Small Businesses
- Open to theatrical producers, live performing arts, museums, movie theaters
- A running crowdfund campaign to raise funds for eligible businesses that apply
- $500 matching grant when you raise $500 through your own GoFundMe campaign
- Up to $10,000 for small businesses who have made significant contributions to their communities during the COVID-19 pandemic
- To enter, you must use Ball brand canning products in your business
- $25,000 grants to businesses
- The application is only open for a one-month period, so ready your applications for the next open date. You’ll need to capture your business’s story via video. *Dates not yet announced.
- $4,000 grants available to NASE members looking to take their business to the next level. *Must be a member to apply.
- $10,000 small business grant to help solve a business problem or take your business to the next level
- $7,500 grant for jewelry artists to develop a business, fine-tune their plans, and hit their goals.
- Grants of at least $10,000 for female entrepreneurs
- $10,000 grant awarded to qualifying female entrepreneurs each month