In addition to offering grant writing and administration services, North Central Council offers traditional planning services to counties, townships, and communities in our Region. These services can include preparing or updating comprehensive (land use) plans, zoning ordinances/regulations, and subdivision ordinances/regulations.
Planners at North Central Council will attend a preliminary project informational meeting, and if requested, will submit a detailed project proposal for approval. If approved, our planners will work with your planning or zoning commission and attorney at monthly meetings for an average period of twelve to eighteen months per plan until the project is completed. The appointed plan commission is responsible for providing all pertinent and necessary information throughout the project. North Central Council supplements the plan with graphical GIS (Geographic Information System) maps, research, and technical information as agreed upon in the proposal/contract. Upon completion, North Central Council will present the plan to your Board or Council for approval and adoption.
Current Planning-Related Projects
The following list outlines projects that counties and communities have contracted North Central Illinois Council of Governments (NCICG) to undertake and assist with. Many of these projects are ongoing and will continue throughout next year.
1. The City of Oglesby in LaSalle County has completed the process of updating their Comprehensive Plan.
2. Putnam County is currently finishing the process of updating their Comprehensive Plan.
3. The Village of McNabb 2010 Zoning Ordinance Final Draft is complete and available for viewing.
4. The Village of Hennepin in Putnam County is currently re-codifying their ordinances.
5. An Economic Development District has been designated and funded by the Economic Development Administration (EDA). Designation of the District was received February 2005 and funding for the District was received from EDA in October 2006.
6. NCICG administers the Bureau/Putnam Area Enterprise Zone that targets growing businesses with financial assistance and other state and local incentives.
7. NCICG administers the Marshall County Enterprise Zone that targets growing businesses with financial assistance and other state and local incentives.
8. A FEMA approved Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan has been completed for LaSalle and Putnam County and the municipalities in the 2 counties that wanted to participate in the planning process.
9. A FEMA approved Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan has been completed forBureau, Marshall and Stark County and the municipalities in the 3 counties that wanted to participate in the planning process.